The Island of the Gods. Let that sink in. Bali is truly the epitome of life. My Bali experience was not at all what I expected it to be rather it was the definition of finding more to life. A destination full of culture and heritage. What I enjoyed most was exploring the various different temples which are situated at literally every corner of the Island. Each temple had its own unique character and filled a sense of warmth to my being.
Here is a list of TOP 20 Things you HAVE to do when in Bali :
1. Sunset at Uluwatu Temple. (The sunsets are beyond breathtaking)
2. Visit the Tegalalang Rice Terrace
3. Try a Balinese Massage at Spring Spa, Seminyak
4. Jump on a scooter with a local around Seminyak Village. Make sure you wear a hemlet as it can be dangerous
5. Woobar at The W Seminyak for some sundowners and watch the sunset around 5-630pm,and enjoy a flavoured mango Shisha
6. Visit Natasha for some unique beach wear. Beautiful Australian designers are filling the stores around Seminyak
7. Have your first dinner at Bambu a non smoking restaurant with a true Balinese menu. (Romantic and Casual)
8. Breakfast at Sisterfields opposite Seminyak Village be prepared to wait but so worth it
9. Do try Yoga at JIWA YOGA in Seminyak
10. Do visit the Monkey forest in Ubud and be a daredevil feed them bananas and wear sunglasses I DARE YOU
11. A walk along Jl Monkey Forest road a lot of cute findings here for your home, stop and buy some beautiful Photos of Indonesian woman harvesting rice!
12. Have an Afternoon Tea at The Hanging Gardens of UBUD most serene and picturesque view of the entire holiday!
13. This is definite must for a true experience of Balinese known as the “gateway of Bali” Pura Lempuyang temple, the most magnificent picture you could take be prepared for 1000 steps.
14. The best cocktail in town is at Tiger Palm in Seminyak Village, the food menu is a bit dull but the cocktails are so pleasantly displayed.
15. Visit Tegenugan Waterfall, you do not have to go all the way down but as Bali is, Bali hot you might enjoy cooling down at the bottom of the falls.
16. Potato Head Beach club, sunset come party anytime is a good time,plus a good wagyu Burger is in order.
17. Do head down to Rock Bar for another gorgeous view of the Sunset on the edge of a cliff be sure to make a booking as it gets pretty hectic you can stay for a night out as the place is booming!
18. Must try the local Bintang lemon beer.
19. Do book a dive in Nusa Dua, most of the dive sites are well far from the popular tourist spots like Seminyak and Ubud so make sure you plan ahead or rather stay in the area for diving though it is not as nice as Seminyak you will be grateful for a proper dive.
20. A night to remember at La Favela in Seminyak best music best venue and best unique party.
The Top 5 best restaurants in Semniyak in order:
- Metius Restaurant and Gallery Bali (Romantic and sophisticated), recommend the rabbit and the short rib. (Dinner Dressup)
- Sarong, Dinner Dress up. Do make a reservation it took us several days to get a booking but we finally managed
- Chandi (Casual and Classy) amazing chargrilled meats to seafood sates (Dinner or Lunch) Casual
- KU DE TA (This place is everything from sexy,stylish,casual,sophisticated) and after dinner you can lounge in the lounge area and enjoy the sound of the waves!
- Sardine, (Cute and Casual) more of a seafood place but its on this list because of the paddy fields its literally situated in a paddy field and I would definitely recommend the smoked sardines for starters and the short rib for main, if you looking for a seafood dish the lobster would also be a good try with a nice coconut mojito.
Where to Stay top 3 in Seminyak:
- The W Bali Seminyak villas are to die for, your own pool at the utmost romantic dreamy getaway. The best sunsets, the greatest food literally anything you order at The W is divine! Woobar is always busy. Explore the Hotel it has its own gorgeous Oasis hidden within and very own Temple. The Away Spa is probably the coolest Spa you could hide away at!
- Peppers rent a villa with a few friends and have the time of your life at your home away from home!
- Dash it is its own modern version of a city inn with lots of unique interior design decor find your inner Bunny here (when you visit you will understand)!
The Island is huge and it takes a lot of time to plan your way around the Island. There is a lot of traffic so plan ahead and research so you do not have to waste anytime stuck in traffic.
I did visit Kuta but I would say its not the best place to visit in Bali rather visit Seminyak,Nusa Dua and of course Ubud!
You may feel a little unsafe as the master divers just seem to giggle at everything you ask them and they will take you on a very small boat which will cause flooding and you may fear the fact of sinking before your actual dive! Do not worry you will be just fine deep breaths and enjoy the experience. Not the best place for diving but we did see: reef sharks, lobster, seahorse,starfish and very friendly fish who hit your mask.
The safest place I have visited other than Dubai for woman so if you looking for a girlfriends holiday or some down time with your mama this is the place. It is romantic and of course it would be an ideal location for you and your significant other. Go as a group I am sure there is a lot more to discover than what I found.
Other Important information:
Emirates has a direct flight from Dubai time 9 hour flight, 4 hours ahead from Dubai. Going:You travel during the day and arrive there at night, Returning:you leave at night and arrive the next morning.
Everything is super cheap and coming from Dubai to Bali you can live like a Queen/King there. On average at the high end restaurants for 2 you can spend 500 dirhams including wine!
Looking for more information about Bali safety best time to travel
-Hope you liked the Bali guide and do let me know your thoughts