Adding small touches to your home decor can really change the feel of a room. There are lots of cute things you can buy around Dubai but have you ever thought of making something? I have made these cute jars that always get comments from my visitors. They are fun and easy to make. Plus it’s a fun activity for the weekend during the long hot summer nights. It’s always the little things can make you happy so why not give it a try? Here is my easy step by step guide for homemade vintage flower pots.
The summer is heating up in Dubai and we are not even in August! We tend to stay indoors more but you can still do so much more than just catch up on box-sets. How about getting a little creative?
JARS can be used on so many different ways. I am going to show you how to use them as flower pots for your home. You can use them for anything your heart desires, storage, decoration or party pieces.
What will you need?
- Jars (Any size)
- Brooch (optional)
- Flowers of your own choice.
- Roll the textile around the jar, and the left over material put inside of the jar so will help to tight the ribbon to the Jar. Does not really need to be a perfect rolled. The loose fit adds to the effect.
- Once you tight the material to the Jar with extra ribbon take out the material which you put inside of Jar. Roll from outside to inside and with a help of your scissors put the extra material between the cotton and the jar. If you feel like the material is hanging to far from the jar, use some glue to help hold it down.
- Take another ribbon and wrap around the base ribbon. Choose how to tie the ribbon and make your own bow.
- I decided to add vintage brooch in the middle of the bow. I loved the look out it.
- After the Jar is ready all you need to do is to add the sand and the plant. I decided to have a cactus.
Take your new “FlowerPots” and find the best spot to place them in your house. It will add more freshness and design to your home with out breaking the bank!
If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment below anytime.